Choosing a Lawyer
How Do I Choose a Lawyer?
- Don’t just depend on television ads.
- Talk with family, friends, and co-workers about lawyers they’ve worked with. Sometimes your insurance agent can be helpful.
- Call the Circuit Clerks office at the courthouse and ask them for the names of lawyers who handle your type of case. (Macon County Clerk 217-424-1454)
- Contact the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association in Springfield (1-800-252-8501) for the names of experienced lawyers.
- Ask your lawyer how many cases he has tried in front of a jury and received verdicts on.
What to Ask the Lawyer
- Will he or she return your calls within 24 hours?
- Will he or she send you copies of letters?
- Will he or she meet with you when you ask for a conference?
- Does he or she have a paralegal assigned to assist with your case?
- Does he or she have a consulting registered nurse to assist in review of medical issues in your case?